Insights and Ideas for Breakaway PR
The PR profession is a moveable feast, with a frequently changing array of new tools and tactics, fast-moving technologies and a 24/7 news cycle. But to prevent indigestion and worse systemic problems from the torrents of information pouring our way through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and other channels, we need certain constants to be successful over time: providing authentic and ethical PR counsel; being proactive; striving for measurable results; and embracing change.
To help in the quest, the following tips and insights have been gleaned from three decades of research, conferences attended, lessons learned from leaders in our profession and experiences with award-winning programs for exciting clients. Some of these PR and planning thought-starters are compiled from industry trade journals and business media. Others have been part of client programs, lessons under fire in a crisis, the topics of speeches, seminars and guest lectures at universities, plus examples from our blog - www.authenticprcounsel.com - and excerpts from my PR Client Service Manual.
Speeches, Seminars, Reprints and Tools
- PRSA Tactics: Five Steps to Developing News Sense in PR
- PRSA Strategist: Tom Gable on Keys to Image as a Part of Corporate Strategy
- PRSA Counselors Academy: PR Professionals as Masters of the Communications Universe
- PRSA Tactics: Avoiding Words the Media Love to Hate; Getting Creative, Strategic in PR News
- PRSA Strategist: Seven Steps to True Branding with PR by Tom Gable
- Tom Gable Column in PRSA Tactics on “Escape from Jargon Land”; Getting Creative in PR and Positioning
- Branding and Building Reputational Capital — Presentation to CommNexus, San Diego
- Horizon Management — Sample PR Planning Spreadsheet
- Managing for Results in Good Tmes and Bad
- Beyond PR: Incorporating Image as a Part of Corporate Strategy
- Turning CEOs into Gurus
- Hiring a PR Firm?